To apply for the Plywood Regatta Scholarship, please download the Scholarship Overview & Application.
The purpose of the Plywood Regatta Scholarship Fund is to provide financial support to deserving and qualified Plywood Regatta participants for advanced education towards recreational marine industry careers. Applicants must be graduating high school students or marine technical school students. Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a career in the marine industry. The scholarship winner(s) will be selected by the Plywood Regatta Scholarship Fund Committee.
At least one scholarship will be awarded in the amount of at least $1,000. The award will be paid directly to an institution of postsecondary education to be used toward tuition and/or other fees for the fall 2015 semester.
To be eligible for the Plywood Regatta Scholarship, applicants must meet the below criteria:
1. Applicants must be a Plywood Regatta participant during the year in which he/she is applying.
2. Applicants must have aspirations and plans for pursuing education that could lead to a career in the marine industry.
3. Applicants must be in good academic standing at his/her school and should have a minimum grade point average of 2.5. Must submit sealed official copy of high school transcript with application.
4. Applicants should be able to show a record of service to community and his/her school.
5. Applicants should demonstrate strong drive and determination.
Deadline for applications: April 1, 2016
When possible, award recipient will be announced during the Plywood Regatta Award Ceremony.